MET Technician position in Gloucester for Baylis Group
We currently have a position for a MET Technician at our Gloucester Accident Repair Centre
The TECHNICIAN job involves all or some of the following tasks:
- Removal of damaged parts to allow repairs to take place.
- Ensuring displaced parts are stored correctly and safely for refitting.
- Checking for additional damage and any additional parts that may be required, bringing these items to the attention of the VDA and ordering the additional parts.
- Checking all the parts are here, and are correct to enable smooth travel through the vehicle repair journey.
- Once the vehicle has been repaired and painted, you then refit the vehicle, taking care and attention not to damage freshly painted panels and ensuring panel gaps are true and within manufacturers tolerances.
- As part of the role you may also be required to replace mechanical components of the steering, drivetrain and engine.
- Reset vehicle Control Units using diagnostic equipment.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- Attends regular safety training to review work safety rules.
- Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.
The TECHNICIAN must have knowledge of:
- Automotive systems.
- Parts requirements to complete a job, and the ability to communicate parts requirements.
- Approved and established procedures for conducting repairs.
- The workshop area and the availability of special tools that might be needed.
- New models and recent improvements through technical bulletins, training courses, technical magazines, etc.
- The manufacturer’s new and recent products.
- Car problems, warranties, services, and repairs.
- The retail motor industry and automotive systems in general.
- Retail/wholesale standards and adherence to those standards.
- Relevant local, national, and European regulations and laws pertaining to the automotive industry.
- Vehicle legislation, consumer legislation, and trade practices.
What the work involves:
- A good work ethic, a positive attitude, and a strong desire to repair customers’ cars safely and correctly
- Ability to work positively among other Technicians and departments and to help them when needed
- Some contact with external customers.
- Ability to pay close attention to administrative details.
- High level of recordkeeping.
- Ability to work both independently and co-operatively.
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and to listen and document items accurately
- A professional appearance and an enthusiastic attitude
- Work in a busy, active, lively environment
- Ability to manage own time and workflow under coordination of workshop controller.
Candidates should have a current ATA IMI MET Technician or NVQ Level 3 in Light Vehicle Mechanical, Maintenance & Repair or GNVQ equivalent and have at least two years experience of working in a busy high quality workshop environment,
So if you have the qualifications combined with enthusiasm and commitment, you could be just the person we are looking for.
Please upload your CV using the form below: