Service Manager position in Stroud for Baylis Group
We are looking for a Service Manager to run our Stroud service operation.
- You will have at least three years experience in a retail sales management role.
- You will be able to manage two Customer Sales Advisors, a Workshop Controller and a team of Technicians.
- You must be able to coach and motivate the team to exceed sales and financial targets.
- You will have a proven record of delivering excellent customer service.
- Experience in the motor trade is not required although proven retail sales management experience is essential.
This position attracts a great salary, generous bonus and a Company car.
Main Purpose of the Job
To control and co-ordinate the activities of the Service Department and to provide an efficient and profitable operation.
- To agree plans and budgets with the Functional Director and to provide managerial guidance and control within the Service Department to achieve or exceed these targets.
- To analyse D.O.C. daily and ensure corrective and preventative action is taken where necessary.
- To evaluate statistical information contained in monthly Management Accounts and plan future activities.
- To provide timely information in respect of:
- D.O.C and weekly forecast
- Monthly statistical information
- To plan marketing activities with the object of increasing service penetration in the local market area.
- To submit promotional plans (within planned expense) to the Functional Director.
- To provide customer excellence at all times.
- In the event of a customer complaint liaise directly with the customer to provide a satisfactory resolution.
- Answers customers’ questions regarding technical problems with their vehicles, warranties, services, and repairs in a manner that is easily understood and does not use excessive technical jargon.
- Conducts proactive discussions with customers to identify and prevent potential problems.
- Ensures that the department is adequately staffed to achieve objectives. Where needed, refocus staff activities to provide excellent customer service.
- To ensure all security and safety requirements are maintained in respect of parts stock within the service area, consumables, premises, and personnel.
- To ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To ensure adequate safety, fire and security arrangements exist at all times.
- To ensure the Company complies with the Manufacturer's service policies and procedures.
- To ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained. This may be achieved by way of a rota system.
- To constantly review methods with a view to improving efficiency and profitability.
- To liaise with the Manufacturer and its representatives to ensure maximum co-operation.
- To ensure adequate control of all sub-contract and purchase invoices, this includes ensuring invoice authorisation is carried out in a timely manner.
- To identify staff training needs to ensure a high level of ability plus staff development. Where appropriate ensure that the Manufacturer’s training requirements are met.
- To coach and develop the job-related skills of team members to support improvements in their job performance.
- Ensures that technicians are aware of procedures for using new equipment.
- Provides advice and technical assistance to team members.
- Directs team members in handling day-to-day problems and issues to enable them to operate efficiently and meet customers’ needs.
- Communicates work priorities to ensure that the most urgent tasks are handled first.
- To ensure warranty claims are processed immediately and warranty returns are made in compliance with Manufacturer's procedure.
- To ensure that all insurance sales comply with the FSA regulation and all admin procedures are being followed.
- To ensure all staff are complying with the FSA regulation.
- To attend any training courses as reasonably directed by Management.
- To comply with Company administrative and accounting procedures and legislative requirements.
- Complying fully with Company Quality Control Procedures.
- Complying fully with all the employee's legal obligations as defined by the C.O.S.H.H regulations 1988.
- Complying fully with all the employer's requirements in accordance with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and the Company's responsibilities as defined by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Complying fully with all the requirements of the employer in accordance with all the Company's legal responsibilities
- To carry out any other reasonable work as required by Management.
Limits of Authority
Planned expenditure up to £500.
Cheque request and petty cash within the Company’s policies.
Please upload your CV and we will be in touch.