Baylis Job Description:
The TECHNICIAN job involves all or some of the following tasks:
- Analyses work orders carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed to.
- Determines which parts and tools will be required for a given repair or service and ensures their availability.
- Diagnoses and completes repairs on customer vehicles.
- Uses the computer to determine how long a given repair or service will take and keeps the Service Advisor or team leader informed of repair progress so that additional work may be scheduled.
- Conducts routine service on vehicles.
- Documents completed work orders to include the repairs conducted, the parts required, and the labour involved.
- Informs the Service Advisor and the Parts Department if a part needs to be ordered.
- Asks the Service Advisor and/or the Parts Department for clarification if a work order is not clear or seems incorrect.
- Performs complicated repair sequences according to established procedures.
- Writes on the work order the repairs completed, the parts required, and the labour to be charged.
- Documents any other vehicle problems noted during servicing.
- Interacts directly with customers to explain vehicle problems and the steps taken to correct the problems as needed.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- Ensures the security of all inventory and analyses the quality of parts.
- Attends regular safety meetings to review work safety rules.
- Ensures the maintenance of tools, equipment, and other materials.
- Performs other reasonable activities from time to time.