Baylis (Gloucester) Ltd is the leading independent motor retailer in the three counties of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire with an additional site in Merthyr Tydfil. We operate nine Vauxhall dealerships, one MG dealer, two accident repair centres and an Autocentre.
Our expanding group is in the AM Top 200 Retailers and is proud of achieving a star rating in the annual Sunday Times/ Best Companies annual employee engagement survey.
Employees are at the heart of our continued success and pivotal to achieving our high customer satisfaction ratings and we do our best to reward team effort and individual effort.
We are aiming to recruit an experienced 1st/2nd line support candidate to join our existing IT team. Based in Cheltenham, the successful candidate will be providing 1st and 2nd line support across the business, ensuring the smooth running of the IT function.
Our ideal candidate should be organized with excellent customer service skills.
· Providing 1st/2nd line, desk side and remote IT support to all users
· Escalating IT issues to more senior members of the IT team where appropriate
· Working with senior colleagues to gain knowledge of solutions and fixes to common issues, documenting processes for internal use and for user guides
· Helping to diagnose, trouble-shoot and resolve technical IT issues
· Repairing various IT equipment within the office
· Following the starter/leaver process for creating and disabling user accounts in accordance with HR requirements
· Setting up and configuring new laptops, desktops and mobile devices and deploying software to existing ones as required
· Maintaining good client relations and delivering excellent customer service
· Administration including maintenance of client system records, incident reporting and recording
Required Experience & Qualifications
· Experience in a 1st line or similar IT support role
· Full UK Drivers Licence
· Excellent working knowledge of Windows operating systems
· Knowledge of antivirus software administration and any exposure to Microsoft server, firewalls and virtualization would be greatly beneficial
Required Skills and Attributes:
· GCSE grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
· A proactive and enthusiastic approach, driving continuous improvement
· Works well as part of a team, but happy to take on independent tasks
· Confident to speak to customers both face to face and over the phone
· Pays close attention to detail and takes pride in getting things right
· Ability to analyse and solve problems
· Eager to learn quickly, driven to gain knowledge and develop skills
· Full driving licence and willingness to travel as required to other company sites for the purpose of onsite support
· Excellent company benefits package including, contributory pension, store discounts, discounted vehicle purchases, discounts on parts and services, contributions to optical and dental services.
· Up to 26 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
Salary: £20,000.00-£24,000.00 per year