Accident Repair Centre Advisor - Cheltenham
The accident repair advisor's role involves all or some of the following tasks:
- Receives customers and assists them courteously.
- Consults with customers to discover their needs.
- Deal effectively with customers both face to face and over the telephone to ensure their bodyshop needs are fulfilled on time and to the correct standard
- Deliver a high standard of customer care and contribute to maintaining and improving customer satisfaction in all job activities
- Maintains good relationships with customers by meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- Be able to organise collection and delivery of customers' cars
- Answers customers’ questions regarding technical problems with their vehicles, and repairs in a manner that is easily understood and does not use excessive technical jargon.
- Conducts proactive discussions with customers to identify and prevent potential problems.
- Answers customers’ questions on the phone or introduces or refers callers to the appropriate person.
- Initiates job documentation and maintains customer computer records and follow-up systems.
- Sells additional repair work in a professional manner.
- Notifies customers when necessary of the completion of work.
- Ensures that correct procedures are adapted for verification of payment.
- Analyses charges on customer private quote to ensure their accuracy when accepting payment from customers.
- Calculates charges for all parts, labour, and body repairs and/or ensure the accuracy of the charges.
- Ensures a high standard regarding personal presentation and presentation of the bodyshop reception area at all times.
- Calms dissatisfied customers, resolves complaints with sensitivity, and involves others when needed.
- Ensures that all health and safety legislation and internal procedures are followed.
- What the work involves:
- High level of contact with external customers
- High level of contact with internal customers
- High level of paperwork (documentation of payments, verification of accuracy of charges, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- High level of record keeping and routine paperwork
- Ability to work independently
- Work in a busy, active, lively environment
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and to listen and document information accurately
- A professional appearance and an enthusiastic attitude
- Automotive industry experience would be an advantage for this role.
- This role has a dependency on regular computer use.
Reference ID: 04/ARC/REC/DS/DW
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discounts